TPine Financial Services
PLEASE NOTE: Staffing firms are kindly requested NOT to approach us for staffing help. Thank you.
Weare seeking to hire a FULL-TIME, ON-SITE COMMERCIAL CREDIT UNDERWRITER for our Mississauga, ON location.
At our organization, we believe the strength of our commitment is reflected in product innovation and the strategic partnerships we’ve established. That’s why we look for team members who work hard to make a difference in their workplace and community. Our goal is to make long-term improvements in everything and everyone we touch. We thrive on providing exceptional customer service, and we look for friendly professionals dedicated to helping customers achieve their financial goals.
We are looking for a Commercial Credit Underwriter who will play a critical part in supporting our company’s profitable growth through the timely completion of high-quality credit underwriting and portfolio management duties.
As the Commercial Credit Underwriter, you would be responsible for managing a portfolio of US and CAD accounts, underwriting, interpreting the financials, making recommendations on lending, defining credit limits for our customers, and making timely decisions.
A glimpse of your typical day:
- Prepare detailed written analysis of current and prospective commercial customer credit requests in a timely manner, concisely identifying relevant credit risks and mitigating factors; deals may be more complex, and/or larger clients in nature.
- Apply expert judgment in decisioning deals at delegated approval authorities and/or recommend appropriate deal structures for Management level reviews and approvals.
- Execute ongoing monitoring of assigned portfolio of accounts, completing annual renewals ahead of expirations and identifying potential problem accounts for enhanced monitoring.
- Consult regularly with internal clients (i.e., Commercial and Collections teams) and external customers as necessary in completing credit-related requests, including underwriting, contract documentation and obtaining necessary deal structure requirements when applicable.
- Obtain, investigate, and analyze credit data.
- Assist other team members on an as-needed basis in support of a “one team” approach to credit underwriting.
- Adhere to credit and operational policies and procedures, including completion of routine know-your-customer due diligence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting (REQUIRED).
- Must have experience in US/CAN based commercial lending markets.
- 3+ years of underwriting or corporate financial statement analysis experience in commercial banking, commercial lending/leasing or financial services industries and/or credit Management experience in transportation and logistics field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to analyze, interpret, draw conclusions, and clearly communicate solutions on a variety of issues with consideration given to the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Proficient in business writing.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal communication skills with ability to work effectively as a self-starter in a remote team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook) and internet-based applications.
What we offer:
- A culture of innovation, empowerment, decision-making, and accountability.
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive health benefits package that serves the needs of you and your family and fosters a culture of wellness.
- Additional benefits and amenities, including paid time-off programs (vacation, sick leave, and holidays).
Applicants will be required to undergo a background check only if and after a conditional offer of employment has been extended.
Note:Only those candidates who meet the enlisted requirements completely are encouraged to apply. However, only the selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE JOB POSTING TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE, DO NOT SEND INDIVIDUAL MESSAGES.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- underwriting: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-03-17
Expected start date: 2023-03-20
Apply with LinkedIn
Apply with Indeed
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com